-
February 5th, 2002, 06:06 PM
#1
dogstarman
Guest
If you live in a city where NPR syndicates Michigan Public Radio's The Todd Mundt Show, did anybody hear his interview with Jack Valenti (sp?)- the president of the motion picture accossiation- today? Oh my god!
I had NO IDEA that Valenti was a member of the Johnson Administration and was in the motorcade when JFK was shot! What the hell?!?!?!? Does anybody think it's a little weird that this guy worked for Johnson during the build-up to Vietnam and then for no reason what-so-ever, with no backgroud or qualifications, becomes the president of the MPA in 1967, just when the war started to turn REALLY ugly and public opinion went into the toilet? And this is the person STILL in charge of the MPA?!?!?!?
I mean, I'm no conspiracy theorist, but come on, if there was any indication that Hollywood has an agenda, this has GOT to be it. You've got to be kidding me! I thought the guy was just some old producer or something... did anybody else know about this? I never paid the guy much mind because, frankly, I thought his position was mostly ceremonial, kind of like the Queen in the UK.
But based on this information, I'm going to be a hell of a lot more suspicious of ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that comes out of Hollywood!
YIKES!
------------------
-
February 5th, 2002, 06:57 PM
#2
chas_ucla
Guest
Yeah, but what's your point? Valenti is always at odds with producers and directors in Hollywood. I agree the guy may be an idiot but aside from the MPAA ratings board he has little to do with the content of films, Hollywood or otherwise.
And he was a speech writer for Johnson as well, I heard.
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks